Wednesday 4 February 2009

FontExplorer X Pro


Well the guys at Font Explorer must have heard my previous musings about possibly switching to Suitcase and worked round the clock to release FontExplorerX Pro! 

Having used the free version for a year or so I was loathed to move to Extensis Suitcase but the extra features seemed worth the investment. But now the Pro edition of FontExplorer has all you need; with an easier to resolve font conflicts area, the all important font auto activation (with PlugIns for all versions of CS including 4), and the same easy to navigate userface as the free version.  I was especially impressed that all my smart sets/ folders and groupings were imported without me having to lift a finger. 

Also as a bonus till the end of Feb it's 50% off, £34 (inc vat) as apposed to Suitcase which comes in at around £80. If you have a hefty amount of fonts to manage I'd recommend downloading the free trial

No comments: